Monday 14 February 2011

Its a LOVE thing...isn't it


I have to say on this wonderful day where everyone focuses on love, I certainly challenged to remain in it when someone posted a video about Valentines day, I was gonna say propaganda about Valentines day but I decided not to used that term, it's someone's opinion.

I watched it knowing I wouldn't be happy with what I heard, went ahead anyway (can't we be stubborn) It left me feeling bothered to say the least which I think escalated to feeling pissed off ~ for a moment.

I can honestly say my ego kicked in a reared its pretty head; this video challenged my thoughts on Valentines Day. I say this because it made me doubt myself and what I believe, a feeling I know all to well. I did not like the feeling I had and wanted to 'prove' what I believe was ok.

The video reeled off 'fact' after historical 'fact' and of course I found myself being dragged into the fear based spiral of the 'HIStory'. For me it felt as though my faith was being challenged (oh poop, I have been here before) and that I didn't really truly believe in God because I 'celebrate' Valentines day, this meaning I am worshiping other Gods and as for cupid, lets not go there.

Things were quoted from the bible, references where made to stories which were retold to evoke fear, there was not a good feeling anywhere, one of the stories they told about cupid made me want to retaliate with a reminder of the story of how we got here in the first place...if you Adam and Eve it.

Well I think you can tell by my tone I am still a little bothered but not nearly as much, I realise that it was a story, I can choose what the day means to me and stand strong in it. I believe in GOD no one can take that away from me, how I live this is my choice, they can challenge me on it and it is up to me if I let it happen, oh common I am only human it's bound to happen, sheez! The energy of it and its effect lessen every time :o)

Today is about love first and foremost, it is the only day everyone in the world focuses on LOVE, whether they are in it or not, whether they believe it is a commercial ploy or not, do you know what that energy would look like, what it really feels like, WHOA can you feel it.

LOVE has the power to heal Jesus knew this; he focused on the love in a person which is why he could heal.  Let’s remember LOVE and not get dragged into the theories that distract us to focus on fear, hate and worry instead. LOVE feels better, however it's your choice...it's good to choose.

Happy Love Day xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment