Friday 25 February 2011

You define what success means


I remember talking to a friend a good few years ago, about work when suddenly they asked me “are you successful?” I hesitated before answering as I new my inherent belief was that success was when you are earning lots of money, you have material things that indicate your success and...there was a third however I cannot recall it at the mo...may do so later on. Anyway this was their thought on success too, I answered yes, and they replied "well you don't have any money"

This conversation led me to re-define what success means to me, as I realised that I felt I was but my learnt belief was that I wasn't. So here are the reasons I am a success...all of these things were already happening and I just didn't acknowledge them

When I bring joy, I am a success
When I find joy, I am a success
When laugh with my nieces, I am a success
When people remember my name I am a success
When I share love, I am a success
When people refer to me as calm and having a calming nature, I am a success
When I feel good, I am a success
When people say you are always so happy and positive, I am a success
When I pay my bills I am a success
When people buy my paintings, I am a success
When I laugh I am a success
When people buy my jewellery, I am a success
When I hug a person, I am a success
When anyone says 'I know who painted that', I am a success
When I buy something pretty to wear, I am a success
When people say it's lovely to meet you, I am a success
When anyone is happy to see me, I am a success
When I hear the words 'you have great energy'
When I honour my own choices, I am a success
When someone calls me friend I am a success
When I am SEEN, I am a success
When I feel free, I am a success
When I feel love, I am a success
When I feel loved, I am a success
When I love, I am a success
When friends ask me to come and visit, I am a success
When I cook a meal, I am a success
When my friends ask me to look after their children, I am a success
When I listen, I am success
When I speak from the heart, I am a success
When people smile at me, I am a success
When people feel my energy, I am a success
When I honour my daughter’s choices instead of my own thoughts of what I think she should do, I am a success
When I don't agree, but I understand, I am a success
When I act from my heart, I am a success
When I choose because it feels good, I am a success
When I enjoy what I do, I am a success
When my daughter calls me for advice, I am a success
When my daughter does something that makes me cry tears of joy, I am a HUGE success
When I earn money, I am a success
When someone reads words that I wrote, I am a success
When someone sees me how I believe I am, I am a success
When I am told I have emotional honesty, I am a success
When I look in the mirror and see my beauty, I am a success
When I look at my daughter, I am a success
When I laugh, I am a success

Allow no-one to define success for you make a choice; define what success means for you. I believe and have experienced that when you do you will feel the success you already are and many things will begin to transform.

No comments:

Post a Comment