Friday 21 January 2011

Appreciating what makes you, you

Today a friend of mine asked me to write what I thought made her, her and what she is best at. I was a little...something...a feeling was there, not sure what, maybe not wanting to come across as smarmy or licking a*** I guess, as it is someone I hold dear to my heart and I admire greatly. The unnamed feeling was quickly let go as I started to write and the words flowed easily and effortlessly


In writing the things I think make her, her I got to focus on the things I appreciate about her all the things we can sometimes over look about a person as we go about our daily lives. It feels good to focus in this way and would recommend it to anyone. Doing this today has increased the buzz I already started with...nice one :o)


I write lists of appreciation about a lot of things however they do not go anywhere ~ well not always ~  I remember when I left RM that I wrote letters to the people I worked with, I let them know what I liked about them, it was hard to give it to them, I became very emotional whilst writing it and if I spoke in the giving of the letter it was all over (emotions you can't beat 'em) However I wanted them to know how I felt, it's nice to share your good thoughts on people with them, before dare I say it...it's too late.


The good thing about appreciation, when you focus on or notice what you appreciate about a person ~ even people you don't like or have hurt you in some way ~ what you appreciate becomes more prevalent.




Happy Friday everyone
Much Love
Claudia xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment